Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Our THIRD Child


THIRD Child…what do you mean?
You walk in here and it can clearly be seen
You have one car-seat
And nothing in between…
This doesn’t make since but it is true nonetheless
Our second child is gone
Oh…how hard to confess…
How does this happen?
Please sir explain…
This explanation must start with a word
This explanation may sound absurd…
Our child, our baby
Described by one word sounds lazy
But I will do my best
To not sound crazy…
This word is known
This word has grown
This word makes us groan…
With sadness and fear
We tremble
When it is describing our baby
That was as big as a thimble…
This word is not long yet it cuts to the bone
This word can sometimes leave us feeling alone
This word can mean different things
But to a parent who has lost
It usually means pain…
I sometimes struggle to tell it
So please allow me to spell it
M-I-S-C-A-R-R-I-A-G-E
Miscarriage…What does that mean?
Miscarriage…how can that be seen?
Was our baby wrongfully taken?
Was our lives wrongfully shaken?
They say “it wasn’t meant to be”
They say “it wasn’t for us to see”
They say “it wasn’t a baby”
They say “it was simply a fetus…maybe”
This line of thinking does not fly
This line of thinking spits in the face of the One on high…
We look to Scripture and know
We look to Scripture to show…
The glorious plans of the Father
Who knitted our baby together…
In the womb of my wife…the mother…
So I say to them
Our second child was not a mistake
Our second child did not just escape
Our second child was called home
Our second child was never alone
You see
This is not our home
This is not the end
Some may argue that life ended that day for our child
But we argue that their life had just began…
My God…Our God
Was not surprised
My God…Our God was not distant
My God…Our God knew in an instant
That although we would mourn for this child
His plans were superior and His sovereignty not mild…
I realize that some may think us to be prideful
Some may say “those guys think they know it all”
This would be false
This would be your loss
We are not prideful
We are not supreme
We simply look to the One…the King
His ways not our ways
His thoughts not our thoughts
I don’t claim to understand
But I do embrace His plan
Would we have had a boy?
Would we have had a girl?
Would they have grown up to save the world?
These questions are natural but these questions conflict
Because these questions treat God like He is St. Nick…
Our God is not a genie
Our God is not Houdini
Our God put the stars in the sky
Our God made the mountains to reach high…
Our God is not in handcuffs
Simply waiting for a key
Our God is orchestrating
And we should take a knee…
He simply says and it is done
He simply says and He has won
So…are we angry are we sad
Yes… but we are fallen creatures with an amazing dad
There were tears and there was fear
But we held tight to the One who was near
Hurt is a reality and pain is a definite
But the love of the Father is nothing but a constant
He was there then and He is here now…
So people please hear me when I say
Our lives did not end on that day…
My wife is pregnant now
And we can only bow
As we prepare for the birth of our second, no our THIRD child

No comments:

Post a Comment